Our patented Ceramic Composite Technology makes your pool stronger
The Compass Ceramic Core is composed of ceramic spheres called microcells and like the ceramic tiles on a space shuttle, these tiny spheres have some truly astonishing characteristics and qualities.
- They are so tough they can withstand 10,000 psi with no discernible affect.
- They are chemically inert but still compatible with both water and solvent-based resin systems.
- Most importantly, they will not absorb moisture in any form.
In the 90’s, Compass found a way to blend the ceramic spheres with vinyl ester resin to create a super tough layer which took on the properties of both materials. This ground breaking technique is respected worldwide and protected by patent number PN1690.
Ceramic technology not only doubled the life of a Compass pool, it had created other benefits as well:
- Improved impact resistance.
- Increased panel stiffness without compromising the ability to withstand ground movement.
- Improvements in consistency with production.
Compass began manufacturing fibreglass swimming pools in 1980 using established international construction methods.
For more than 30 years, vinyl ester resin has been paramount in the manufacture of Compass pools. Vinyl ester may cost twice as much as polyester resin, but it provides 50 times more resistance to chemically-treated water.
Every Compass pool is also manufactured with the extra strength and performance of fibreglass woven rovings, hand-laid in critical sections of the pool structure. The critical sections include: the coping, the step ledge, and the floor radius.
When looking at a cross section of a Compass pool, the ceramic core is clearly visible. This core is considered to be a world-wide break-through, and is the key that sets Compass apart. It is this core that ensures you are buying the toughest, most durable and most innovative composite in-ground pool in the world.